SLR performance chip

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cascott325, Jan 24, 2009.

1. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

there is a chip advertised on this site, and i bought it to try it out. i dont think i like it at all. i havent noticed any fuel mileage gain, no horsepower or torque gains. as a matter of fact, i think i lost a little. i dont know, has any one else got this item or just me? if so, what is your opinion on the product?

2. cascott325

no body else has one! wow, i feel so alone. lol

3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've seen the ads here for them but thought I'd wait on it. Just a chip itself to me will not add proformance and all the other stuff. Seeing it in the compact scene where some of the chips actually fried the ecu's of the cars I was sciptical.

4. goodie

goodie Rockstar

It says on the SLR site that you can return it and get your money back if you dont get the performance gains that they claim...

5. cascott325

yea i know, im gonna contact them in the morning about returning it. i DID NOT like it at all

6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

haha yeah those things are always on ebay, "Guaranteed 50+ MPG GAIN!!!! 50 HORSEPOWER" then you get it and it's a resistor with 2 wires coming out of it. :grrrrrr:

8. cascott325

lol, thats so much crap. i didnt expect near as much gain as they proposed, but i did expect a little. it might work wonders on a go cart or something lite, but not on something i would drive.

9. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Let us know how their response is in doing the money back thing. It seems companies that sell crap products and smack a money back guarantee hardly ever get to the refund and don't make it easy to do.

10. cascott325

ok, i sent them an email just now, so the waiting game is on... i'll keep yall posted