1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sluggish 2008 Suburban 2500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Ron Inverso, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Ron Inverso

Ron Inverso New Member

I have a 2008 Suburban 2500 and it is performing very sluggishly lately. I just had the cats changed under warranty and the computer recalibrated. It seems to have low power and it searches for gears (6 speed trans). Any ideas? Could it be the computer reprogramming because I was using 87 octane gas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

At what speeds does it seem to search for the gears, highway or in town? At any condition or under load, accelerating or at cruising speeds
  3. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

If the computer was recalibrated as in removing one battery terminal for 10 minutes so the engine computer "relearns" everything. And you "just" had this done like today...

Then let it idle for about 5 minutes, then drive it above 45 mph.

And then drive normal for a few days and the computer will "relearn" its best settings.

If it was "recalibrated" using some other method, then what is this? (If anyone knows...)