Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

small coolant hose

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by picbro, Feb 10, 2012.

1. picbro

picbro New Member

1989 Chevrolet Truck R3500 1 ton P/U 2WD 7.4L 4BL 8cyl

I can't identify the small coolant hose that runs from right under the carburator then down onto the top of the engine. Hose is about 8" to 10" long and is pre-formed. Had to replace it and all my local part stores couldn't help and only gave me a stretch of heater hose. This hose kinks. The thermostat is forward and to the right of this hose, but not attached to it.

I know this may sound simple to most of you, but I need the proper term for this particular hose, so I can order a pre-formed hose.

All help will be appreciated greatly.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Go to Gates.com and search it on their data base that will give you the number and name. It may be one of those hoses that they quit making in a formed piece due to lack of sales. Or search a GM site that will give the oem number then cross reference

Does it look like this

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [h=1]1990 Gmc R3500 Heater Hose - AC Delco[/h] [TABLE]
    [TR]
    Quantity Sold: [TD]Sold individually[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: even"]
    Warranty: [TD]Lifetime AC Delco limited warranty[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    Part #: [TD]AC14139S[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Availability: In StockAC DELCO ENGINE COOLANT MOLDED HEATER HOSE -- 0.63 x 6.91 in.; A high quality, OE replacement engine coolant molded heater hose; Replaces OE number 88907140
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  3. picbro

picbro New Member

Coach24, that looks just like it! Thank you very much.
  4. Coach24

Your Welcome. You can take that OEM number and cross to a Gates or Dayco number. Better yet buy Delco. Their should be a Delco distributor in your area. If not call Factory Auto Parts and see where there closest dealer is.
  5. Coach24

6. Coach24

Pic give us an update so we know you are running
  7. picbro

picbro New Member

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Coach24, you got me up and running!. Very much appreciated.