1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Small lift for 06 Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by CarpenterGuy, Jul 17, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

I just got my truck and I love it to death. I bought it used, and it had 33x12.50r17's on it. It wasn't raised any (I dont think). I need some advice on lifting my truck. My plan was to lift the front with some new keys (raising it about 2" I think, i would like 3" but i dont know if keys will get it that far) and raise the back 2" with an add a leaf (I do alot of hauling so it serves as a lift and payload booster). Is this a good idea? Also, if i'm correct, the tires on there are about 33", how big of tires can I fit on it with this lift?

I heard something about haveing to do something to the truck if it's raised 4" or more.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new Chevy! My '04 is still stock, so I can't be of a lot of help with the lift, but there will be some very helpful folks chime in before long. There are several lifted trucks on the site. Have fun!
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

I noticed a block in between my leaf springs and drive shaft. Does your's have that? Or is this a lift from the previous owner?
  4. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts

Alot of vehicles come with a factory block so It's probly stock. Your right in getting about 2" from your keys, any more then that your going to put to much stress on your parts causing failure later on. Here's a link for a set.
    http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99-06_lift_kits.html

The leafs can be bought almost any where from 4wheelparts to stylintrucks.com so they should be easy to find. I probly wouldn't go to much bigger then the 33's unless you plan to go above 2". 35's I think would look to stuffed and you'll have to do some major trimming along with a possible gear upgrade. By the way what gears do you have right now?

If you want to run 35's, I'd suggest a 4"-6" kit. Rancho,Fabtech,RoughCountry,Procomp pretty much everyone makes a kit for you truck. But if you going to run 35's you should be running at least 4.10's- 4.56 gears to save on your transmission.
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

I've been doing some shopping, and i think i'll save up for the 4" lift. I think my truck is 3.73 if i'm not mistaken. How can I find out?

Do 4" lift kits come with add-a-leafes? I really need the extra leafs cause I do alot of hauling and towing. Oh, and where can i find a good, but inexpesive kit?