1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smartie Pants Game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by donyms, May 28, 2012.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nascar wants the cars to all be the same so that who wins can be boiled down to skill (specifically driver and crew skill) rather than technical modifications to the vehicle. If you want to see diversity in vehicles where different things are being used for experimentation check out rally racing. That's about both skill AND mods. It's also a lot more interesting than 50 rednecks driving a pile of laps turning only to the left...

Why do people like Nascar, anyway?
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I never did until I saw a race in person in California and then I began to watch some of the races. I guess my biggest reason for watching is to see Chevy win.

there are 3 types of lightning, cloud to ground, ground to cloud and cloud to cloud. Which is most prevalent?
  3. SurrealOne

Assuming you're including both inter-cloud and intra-cloud strikes in the cloud-to-cloud categorization, cloud-to-cloud lightning is most prevalent. I also believe you forgot to list ball lightning. :)

Why do bobcats scream at night when not being threatened?
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you imagine procreating with claws like that? I'd scream too.

Why are incompetent people enabled by not being fired?
  5. SurrealOne

Incompetent people are probably enabled by the most incompetent people being the very ones who make the decisions not to fire the slightly less incompetent people to whom you were referring. The decision makers likely figure a warm, incompetent body is better than nobody...

Why is it illegal for a person to sell what they can give away for free (i.e. sex) -- especially considering separation of church and state is supposed to prevent the laws from codifying specific religious values into law?
  6. donyms

The separation of church and state was intended to stop government from dictating religion not to remove religion from our government. The religious right has the power to keep prostitution illegal except in Nevada. Almost all religions find prostitution immoral.

To me it makes perfect sense to have a national sales tax as opposed to income tax and the IRS. If we had the National sales tax then all would pay taxes and we would have some control over what we pay in. Why have we not done this already?
  7. SurrealOne

A national sales tax hasn't been implemented because it's efficient and makes too much sense. Also, no politician wants to be seen as putting people (such as the IRS employees) out of jobs.

Why is the spare tire carrier on GM trucks such a piece of underengineered junk?
  8. donyms

Well, to be honest I have never had to take down my spare so i haven't had any trouble with it. I have heard of problems with them though and I would have to guess that because of it not being one of the more important parts of the truck they have not gone to much trouble to make it better.

Does anyone believe that the election (assuming it goes the right way) will make an immediate difference with the economy? "Meaning the economy will begin to show real improvement"
  9. SurrealOne

The election will make zero difference on the economy, directly. It may, however, impact consumer confidence which could indirectly influence the economy.

Why is it that good help is still hard to find to suit a specific work function; with so many people out of work shouldn't it be easy to find quality people to fill technical roles?
  10. donyms

I think because it is an employers market right now and employers are not wanting to pay a fair wage and potential employees are not wanting to sell there skills for less than they are worth.

Why is it raining so much here? I feel like I should trade my truck for a boat. :rofl: