1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smittybilt Grille Saver and Chip set for a Chevy 1500...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dvda85, Mar 3, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. dvda85

dvda85 New Member

I just want to ask around if anyone has installed a Smittybilt Grille Saver on their Chevy 1500? I thinking about purchasing one, and I want to know what you think? Also, looking around for a chip set for a Chevy 1500. Does anybody know the best for the money? A good one for added HP and MPG.

Thanks,
    Scott
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Get the Diablo Preditor programmer ("chip"). Has lots of adjustments that you can do. Lets you adjust the LongTermFuelTrims (LTFT). This make a big differance in how the truck runs and helps with mpg's. When you say grille saver I assume you talking about a grille gaurd. If you think your ever what a winch make sure the grille guard is winch compatible.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 on the Predator....
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey man i have a smittybilt bull bar powdercoated black and i like it allot. All i had to do was take out the tow hook's the the front and bolt it right up. I caught mine on a sale for $140 the website has free shipping and has best price's www.autoanything.com you can even call and ask for a discount code for them to bring price down around 10 bucks.
  5. dvda85

dvda85 New Member

Thanks a lot for the information!!!!!