Smittybilt Grille Saver and Chip set for a Chevy 1500...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dvda85, Mar 3, 2011.

1. dvda85

dvda85 New Member

I just want to ask around if anyone has installed a Smittybilt Grille Saver on their Chevy 1500? I thinking about purchasing one, and I want to know what you think? Also, looking around for a chip set for a Chevy 1500. Does anybody know the best for the money? A good one for added HP and MPG.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Get the Diablo Preditor programmer ("chip"). Has lots of adjustments that you can do. Lets you adjust the LongTermFuelTrims (LTFT). This make a big differance in how the truck runs and helps with mpg's. When you say grille saver I assume you talking about a grille gaurd. If you think your ever what a winch make sure the grille guard is winch compatible.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 on the Predator....

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man i have a smittybilt bull bar powdercoated black and i like it allot. All i had to do was take out the tow hook's the the front and bolt it right up. I caught mine on a sale for $140 the website has free shipping and has best price's www.autoanything.com you can even call and ask for a discount code for them to bring price down around 10 bucks.

5. dvda85

dvda85 New Member

Thanks a lot for the information!!!!!