Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Smog legal headers?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by route66paul, Feb 14, 2009.

1. route66paul

route66paul Member

Are there ANY smog legal headers for use in Calif? I have a 91 Suburban(the last year of that body style - suburbans changed in 92) with a 454. I had smog work done and it came back puffing of the left side. I am afraid that the manifold is cracked. If it is, I would be interested in calif legal headers. The can be a pia, and you need to have header bolt head clips(they keep them from turning) When i had my 69, I was forever changing out gaskets.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

smog legal headers

I believe JBA headers has headers for your Surburban. I used Stage 8 header bolts with my headers and with over 68,000miles on them no trouble.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had flowtech on my GMC and I believe they were 50 state legal

4. thatjerk01

thatjerk01 Rockstar

it has to be short tube headers and 50 state legal. short tubes dont usually relocate the o2 sensors.