1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smoked Recon cab roof lights looking good on my 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 2011laserblue, Dec 30, 2011.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just installed the Smoked roof lights from RECON on my silverado 1500. I'm really happy with the turn-out, tell me what you guys think!!
    Oh, sorry about the overall cleanliness of my truck, usually it is much cleaner, this Michigan Salt kills me. Enjoy!

LIGHTS OFF:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LIGHTS ON:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks good.
    I love that color truck, I had a 94 Toyota the same color with a Pearl Coat over top of it, shoulda never got rid of it, when it was cleaned up and shining she caught a lot of stares.
  3. 2011laserblue

Thanks! I'll get some better shots with the lights on when its clean. I love the color as well.
    Here is a "before" Picture....just after I washed it :) It's so hard to keep clean during the winter because of all the stupid salt the plow trucks put down.

[​IMG]
  4. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

Good looking truck...How was it drilling the holes for the clearence lights? Did they come with a template? Are they on a switch, or tied into the factory lights?
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

X2. How did the installation go???
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice truck, I like your Recon lights also. I think Recon is one of the best aftermarket light companies. I have the Recon DRLs on my 2002 Silverado and I love them. I had to make my own mounting brackets because I wanted them to be good and solid but the lights are great and plenty bright.
  7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks awesome no worries about the salt...i know what that is like, you wash it and then 15 mins later it looks like it did before the bath
  8. 2011laserblue

Installation wise - I was too scared to do it.

Pulled it in the garage, grabbed the drill and decided..you know what, I better just pay the extra money to get it installed by a professional, so I went with that. Drilling holes in a roof is scary stuff guys haha.

They are tied right into the factory lights. They are really made for trucks that have the factory lights from GM...and for that its all just plug-and-play. really slick stuff from recon, I agree I think they are up with the best if not the best aftermarket light companies. Pretty soon I'm going to get their smoked LED tail lights & third brake light, along with some xenon headlight/foglight bulbs.

Thanks for the compliments also!
  9. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Those are so cool! Ive always wanted clearance lights, I like the big rig look of the clearance lights at night.
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They look good man! I have had my set of Recon smoked cab roof lights for over 3 months and havent installed them yet keep not having time for it. I will def. install them in feb. since i'm getting my new super swamper m16 in 35 12.50. The led tail lights and third brake light look way better than stock that's what i have already but i smoked my third led brake light and also i have the recon tailgate light bar that is red and when in reverse is white i love it so far.

I also have the black projectors with hid's and love them more than anything ha. I guess i have invested allot in lights and still have to install the recon cab lights and also am looking at getting the recon projector reverse lights for my black led tail lights along with fog lights for bull bar and will be done with the lights.

How much did you pay to get them installed man?