1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Smoked taillights

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by dukhntr08, Mar 16, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. dukhntr08

dukhntr08 Member

Just tinted my taillights I think they came out great exactly what I wanted.... it totally changes the appearance of the back. waiting on recon smoked 3rd brake light and 2pc. billet grill !!

Attached Files:

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Very nice look! Did you do it yourself?

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks really clean. nice truck

4. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

looks nice how much did u spend for smoking the taillights!!

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks good

6. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

What are you guys using for clear coat? I have some Dupli-color spray lacquer that I used when I tinted my tails this weekend but I just don't think they look glossy enough. I probably put on about 5 coats and then took some rubbing compound to them followed by a coat of wax.

7. BLUBURBAN

BLUBURBAN Rockstar

I had mine tinted a couple years ago as well as the front turn signals, side markers, and the clearance lights up top.

Attached Files:

8. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They look sweet. Just the right amount of tint. IMO.

9. ameerica

ameerica New Member

dang, who did you have tint those for you? what type of paint/clear coat did you use. I want to do that to mine, but i'm afraid the paint my crack in the summer/winter time due to the fluctuation in the plastic. not sure if it'll transform so much that the paint will chip, but i wasn't sure.

Yours sure look nice.

10. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks great!!