1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smoked Tow mirror Turn Signals and Pic's!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well i finally got done with the turn signals today since i been gone all weekend. I have some pic's let me know what yall think. Oh yeah they use to be the Amber turn signals.

jc1.jpg jc2.jpg jc3.jpg

Attached Files:

• jc1.jpg
      jc1.jpg
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
    • jc2.jpg
      jc2.jpg
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
    • jc3.jpg
      jc3.jpg
      File size:
      25.2 KB
      Views:
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

looks great.....wonder how bright they will be at night ....keep up the good work ...Brian from Canada
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

They are clearly bright enough during the day to be seen. I ended up having to wet sand them once i got them back on the truck because they were too dark. I sanded where the led's light up all the way down to where no paint was left and the rest about half way sanded down. Then i just taped everything off and put 1 light coat on let it dry for about 5 min. then did 1 more coat a lil bit heavier that way you can't see that where the led's are lighter than the rest but the good thing about it is that i'm glad i did that so the turn signals can even be seen in the day and at night!
  4. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Looks good.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Thanks man. I think they turned out great and was actually pretty easy. I ended up using the rustoleum lens tint instead of the vht nighshades. I got the fin on top of the truck sanded smooth today for the xm satellite radio and will tape it off and paint it with some rustoleum paint for plastic which is same as i did my center caps in gloss black. Does the fin pop off so it would be easier to work with?
  6. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

The fin pops right off.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Alright thanks for letting me know. I will finish sanding it today and probably go ahead and spray it with some adhesion promotor prob. 2 or 3 coats and then wet sand lightly to make it even then 3 coats or so of the gloss black paint for plastic and will install it by this afternoon!
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, looks nice. Did I miss something, how long have you been planning this?
  9. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

He was looking for ones that he could buy tinted already i believe...then he tinted his own! They look good. I bet you could trow some clear on them to shine them up a bit.
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah man like sstoner said i was trying to find some recon turn signal lens that were smoked but they dont make them for them yet. So i just decided to take them off one day and wet sand them and painted them and glued them back on. I had to end up wet sanding them down again since they were too dark to see the turn signals and they turned out great!

SSTONER- i was planning on putting clear coat on them but for some reason the Duplicolor perfect match clear coat just about always ends up cracking when i use it. What am i doing wrong and what clear can i buy that i shouldnt have that problem?