1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smoked Tow mirror Turn Signals and Pic's!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This turned out good! I wish I had turn signals in mine :frown:
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Probably not anything your doing, could be reacting to what the base coat is. automotivethouchup.com sells automotive clear coat in a rattle can....maybe give that a shot. Also do light coats and allow it to dry between coats..sometimes if its still wet and the coats are to heavy it can crack.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh okay man yeah i knew about that site too ha. Well wouldn't it be better for the paint to fully cure and dry before putting the clear coat on so i want have to worry about cracking? I'm just worried it will do that and i would have to start all over and i really dont wanna do that.
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes let the paint dry...iam talking about the clear...let it dry between costs and not to heavy.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

oh okay so really light coats that's where i might have messed up they weren't real heavy but they weren't light either. I guess i could give that a try but will be a week or so just scared of having to start all over!
  6. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

Looking good man! In the next few months im probably going to be painting things on a new vehicle. Im hurting for money right now, and my Beast only gets 10 mpg, so I'm going to be downsizing to a blazer 4x4 like a 95 or newer. Either that or a trailblazer if I find one for around 4k. Not to mention my expensive insurance on the truck.
  7. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

looks good bro. i finially put tows on mine the other day. im chanigin mine up a bunch here in the next 2 weeks.
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

thanks man. Yeah i'm also gonna be adding my recon smoked cab lights and the grille i been wanting to get for so long that's the rbp replica basically for only $305 with free shipping. So if anyone is gonna want a stock grille with a painted bowtie i'll have it lol! I'm starting to paint the silver painted pieces inside my truck a gloss black it's really easy to sand them down. I'm talking about the pieces on the door locks and the handle by the door along with the parts on the sterring wheel and etc. I'll be done for a lil while once i get the grille and recon's installed but after that will be putting in a spray in bedliner and getting my tow mirrors color matched and save up to do the rest!