1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smoking Tail Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 763chev, Sep 30, 2010.

1. 763chev

763chev New Member

I would love to smoke my tail lights on my truck but i don't want to interfere with the brightness of my reverse lights. Just wondering if and one had gone over them, and how dramatic is the brightness difference? I have 20% tint and i cant see anything at night out of my mirrors. As cool as it looks i dont want it to be too impractical. If anyone could help me out that would be great ! Thanks!!
    mms_picture.jpg
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just recently tinted mine with the night shade and my backup light still shines through pretty good! But also you can buy a set on ebay that are professionally tinted but they leave the backup lights white and untinted which I also think looks better but thats my $.02.
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

Tinted mine with nightshade, and the backup light shines through without a issue at all unless you make them totally black.
  4. Falcone

Falcone New Member

You could apply some painters tape th the tail light then use a razor and lightly press on it and cut around the back up lamp and just leave the backup lamp covered so after you spray it, you remove the tape very shortly after you spray so its still wet and presto. A non covered up backup lamp and a nicely tinted tailight.