1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

smooth riding tires for 07 NBS Z71 ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by zekeman, May 1, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. zekeman

zekeman New Member

Looking to get rid of these stock Goodyear Wranglers AT/S on my 07 NBS Silverado 4X4 Z71 extended cab..I am looking for a SMOOTH and QUIET tire as I never go off road and never tow, I only haul every now and then. This is my daily inner city driver and the roads here are pretty beat up wish I did not get the Z71 it's great on the highway but on the inner city roads it beats the hell out of the truck and me with huge pot holes and sunken sewer caps everywhere and the noise on these worn out (only 15000 miles) Goodyears is unreal. I see the 08 and 09 Z71s come with an 18 wheel and tire combo mine has the 17" Z71 wheels does anyone know if there would be a huge loss of comfort if I go to an 18 from a 17? And I'm not sure what tires to try at any size. I am looking at Firestone Destination AT or LE, General HTS, Michelin LTX M/S or AT/2..Any suggestions? I use a bed bladder (SHUR TRAX) to help tame the rear end but still it is too rough for me in the city and I think alot of it has to do with these junk and very noisy/rough Wranglers.