1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Smoothing/Painting door handles and mirrors, debadging, and smoking tail lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by empire88, Nov 14, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. empire88

empire88 New Member

Alright, I'm in the process of cleaning up my truck.

I foudn a guy locally willing to smooth and paint my door handles and tailgate for $55 a piece, does that sound reasonable? He said he could do my mirrors but that would run me $90.

Same guy also quoted me $100 a piece for the 3 rear tail lights. I looked at what he did to his truck, and they look really really good.

I just started shopping around, so I dont know if anyone does it cheaper. This guy is working out of his backyard, but owns an auto painting shop, so he's got experience in the field.

Are the long plastic panels on the sides just put on with adhesive? I plan on getting rid of those soon if they're not put into the door panels.

Thanks in advance.
    -Kyle
  2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 New Member 100 Posts

Sounds pretty reasonable to me if he does good work, imo.

Yes, the side moulding is held on with sticky tape. Search the forums for debadging threads and adhesive removal. Not sure what year your truck is but if it's older may be a little harder to get off and paint faded.
  3. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member 100 Posts

4. empire88

empire88 New Member

I was just making sure before I started sawing away at it. Should have it done soon than :)
  5. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy New Member 100 Posts

That's not a bad price for the handles.

What part of Central Cali are you in??
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think that is a really good price, considering that those pieces are very labor intensive with sanding and everything. I had a set of side window covers done on my S-10, and the body shop charged me $90 and then I also had a set done on my Silverado and those were $150.
  7. ghuev

ghuev New Member

If that price includes color sand/buff then it is a very good deal.