Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

snow 2011! Who's getting it?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like over 100,000,000 people in the US are going to get hit with snow again! Let's see some pics and tell us what you got.

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Still no snow for me here in East Texas... I need to see snow at least once this winter or it won't be complete.

3. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I think this storm is not going to put out as what the weather predictors believe it will. For those who do get a mass amount of snow stay safe on the roads ..

4. conroe

conroe Member

Steve, Show us the pictures of the snow that you received in Dallas a few days ago. Were do for the white fluffy stuff this friday in Houston. God I miss Hawaii

5. Vincennes02261897

We're supposed to get some here too. I hope we do. I love a little fresh powder from time to time. Just not as much as they get up North.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We really didnt get much snow in DFW, mostly ice and it isnt melting very fast due to the temps staying in the 20's all day.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like another snow day tomorrow! That's Tues/Weds/Thurs/Friday for the kiddos to be off school.

8. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

We had -30 Tuesday morning and -20 Wednesday and school went on as normal.

9. ChevyFan

I grew up in the Northwest. I remember being told that unless there was 6 inches of snow, we would still have school. We got a foot overnight and it closed school down for one day.

Problem with the south is that we don't get much snow/ice on a typical basis, so we don't have the snow plows, the sanding trucks, drivers who know how to get around in snow/ice. No one has studded tires, snow tires, chains, etc. I had a friend from the northwest come down and had some chains in his trunk, someone asked him what they were, becuase they never has seen them before.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

I'm driving a 2011 Chevy Tahoe Texas Edition for a demo right now, got some video of it covered in the snow, going to do a walk-around today and will try to post the video as well today.

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

I'll post this inside it's own thread later, but it's pretty cool to have a Tahoe with remote start. Nice and toasty warm when you get inside!

10. Vincennes02261897

We got some snow this morning. Hahaha... Not quite what I was expecting, but it's snow. I can't believe they delayed school 4 hours because of this but no one is complaining. I had to hurry up and snap some pictures before it melts. We've probably got about an hour left of seeing this beautiful white stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]