1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snow Pics Winter 2011 & 2012

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Oct 29, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Earliest major snow that we've had in quite a while. It's now 3:15 pm and it's been snowing since 7:45 am. Thank goodness it's going to be in the 50's all next week! The bad thing is, it is heavy wet snow and is causing tree damage and subsequently power outages. We've been unaffected so far, although my daughter who lives 3 miles away was without power til 11:15 this morning. It's hard to believe that I played golf in short sleeves just yesterday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sure is early for that kind of thing.

better you then me.

Alex
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is NUTS here.. In Northern NJ We have about 2-3 in's now and the trees are falling all over.
    I am right now listning to trees and limbs fall out side my window. The Street is covered with branches..
    I had to move my truck from out under a big tree...
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A friend of mine sent me a text, he said it sounds like small caliber rifle shots going off at his house with all the tree limbs breaking.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Stay safe up there dude. It's raining and cold here, but nothing like what you have there.

Alex
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow we missed it here in Cleveland, never saw one snowflake yet. I am prepared though, I stopped and bought 700lbs. of sand last night for my truck so I'm good. Stay warm, and keep that truck rinsed off and clean.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I remember once or twice when I was a young lad living in Spokane, WA that we got snow before Halloween. If we get snow in Texas it will be late December at the earliest.

I've not lived in Spokane since 1987, but it's fun to look back now that we have wonderful tools on the internet. It's gonna be a cold winter there I take it, overnight low in the 20's for the next few days.
  8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

DNW snow, Charlotte each winter equals around 6"-8" and I hate it :lol: But 2" of snow equals disaster, everything shuts down, and ppl have no sense of how to drive whatsoever, so I try to stay at home and keep warm plus dont want the salt on the truck. Ya'll enjoy the snow and dont sent it this way :rofl:
  9. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member 100 Posts

Better you than me lol!!
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

When I lived up north I had a CJ5 jeep and that did very well in the snow.