1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Snowplow Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Swatchvy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Swatchvy

Swatchvy New Member

I'm looking to get a snowplow for my truck before the winter and was wondering if anyone had any info or experience with specific brands. Thanks in advance.
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

I personally run the Western Unimount's on my trucks. IMO they are the best out there. They are very easy to use and maintain, not to mention if something breaks they are very easy to service especially by the do it your selfer. My buddy who I plow with also ran westerns for ever, last year he bought a new truck and while at the local rental shop they talked him into buying a Curtis blade. He has had more problems with that plow in the year he's had it than I've had with all of my western blades. Needless to say he is not going to buy another Curtis and will be switching back to Western. Check out Western Plows website, they have all kinds of pictures, videos and info on them. I swear by them. The best. IMO:great:
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

The most important aspect of a snowplow is dealer support. Buy local from a well stocked, knowledgeable dealer. Color of the blade is NOT the most important feature LOL.
  4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

I agree 100%, local dealer support is great. Around me I can buy parts for my western plow from carquest, TSC, a couple of the other farm supply stores and we also have 3 dealers fairly close. This is something you need to research because when your broke down and the dealer isn't open you need to have access to parts. Also if you decide on a plow and don't like the color, paint it, don't buy it for looks, buy it for function!