1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So exacty how high did the Mississippi River get?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, May 1, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

These pictures were taken on a tributary of the Mississippi River near Vicksburg, MS.
    It gives you an idea of just how high the water got. For those of you in the North,

alligators don't climb trees! Kinda crazy is you ask me.

Attached Files:

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

And for those that live in the West :glasses:.

Amazing that the gator ended up there. The bottom half of your pic got cut off, but can still get a pretty good sense of how deep it got. Wow!
  3. rileyjr16

Yeah I noticed that. Thats how it came in the email. Looks about 20 feet up...about a 8-9 foot alligator looks like.
  4. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:glasses: holly cows,,, flying dogs,,,,,Gators in trees,,,,, raining frogs,,,,, what could be next?.....?? JUst Trucks and no Dodges,,,its a sign!!...

Cool pics .......
  5. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

No flood it was probably hauled up there by a Louisiana Wampus Cat, they only come out at night gonna and get it later:tongue:
  6. rileyjr16

Lolmmmmmmmmmmm
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Next we will see flying pigs. What was the date of the rising river? Does MS have alligators? Thought they were more south coast. Now if that had been a huge catfish I would clearly understand
  8. rileyjr16

Gators exist from Texas to South Carolina as far as I know. The river got up around right before summer last year maybe right when spring started. Mississippi Game Wardens said its head got stuck between 2 branches and stayed like that. Now I have seen catfish fly; some genius put out a trot line (me) out when the river was high behind the levee and the water went down 8 feet in 24 hours. They were good as dead but they were in the air.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Its part of Oklahoma, East Texas, Southern Arkansas, all of Louisiana, part of Mississippi, part of Alabama, all of Florida, some Georgia, South and North Carolina.
  9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Dang sounds like they are crossing borders like illegals.....................
  10. rileyjr16

Not anymore...they're going back :great:.