Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

So God Made A Farmer Video ~ Ram Trucks Commercial : 2013 Super Bowl Commercials

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, so this was a pretty cool commercial created by Ram. It's memorable and people are still talking about it on the radio, in their offices, at home.

What does everyone think of the commercial? Does it actually speak to the quality of the vehicle and where that updated platform is headed? Or is it just good marketing? Did it have to be Ram that put this out, or could any of the domestic three put out the same video? What about if Toyota or Nissan would have done this commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMpZ0TGjbWE

I've not actually driven one of the new Ram Trucks (formerly DODGE Ram - not sure why they would get rid of that nameplate) but there are some seriously good older Dodge trucks out there, my dad had a 1963 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 back in the 80's and it was awesome, big knobby off-road tires and we used it as a weekend beast to go out and get wood or take the boat to the lake.

I met Ram Division President Fred Diaz at the State Fair of Texas a year or two ago and he seemed that he was trying to steer towards the Hispanic buying segment so this ad is clearly a departure from that, or maybe it's just a different marketing campaign Either way, as a marketer myself, this ad clearly was very effective.

2. blueMetallicZ71

blueMetallicZ71 New Member

it's a powerful message and statement, my dad has a 2011 Ram but it's not 4x4 they look great but if the truck isn't a 4x4 i feel like it doesn't stand up to the likes of the Silverado or even the f-150. but there 4x4 are very nice and can perform quite well when it comes to towing and other aspects of what a working truck should do. I just feel like they priced them a little to high.

3. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Good marketing. I'm not in a position to evaluate how Dodge/Ram resonates with US farmer community, so can't judge had aspect. Might've worked with Toyo or Honda as well?

The one thing that annoys me is the fact that while everything else is worn and used the truck is polished within inch of its life..

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good marketing but it doesn't speak to the quality of the product, at all. It'll sell trucks, though... and that's its goal.

5. shorty87

shorty87 New Member

Coming from a farming family myself it was a great commercial, very respectful toward the farmer but how many people actually remember it was a dodge ad & not an agricultural one. I've heard more praise for the farmer than the truck. It caught attention for sure, haven't heard Paul Harvey's voice for a long time, figured they'd use Sam Elliott. My opinion, marketing move. Oh well, it was one of my favorite commercials that day anyway.

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I am a farmer/rancher, & enjoyed that commercial - glad I wasn't in the kitchen getting a snack or a beer when it came on the air ! Real good PR for Dodge I think. Ken