so... I bought a new car...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ppettit2005, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

I haven't been on this forum in a while... Mostly because I sold my Tahoe to my sister.

She's a senior in college in Georgetown Texas, and needs a ride to get to and from work in Austin. She originally bought the car in the first place, she couldn't take care of it, wrecked it a couple of times and then sold it to me. I fixed it up, drove it for 5 years, and have now sold it back to her.

So, now that I have graduated from college and have a job, it got to the point where I needed a way to and from work also. So I went out and bought a new car (or at least one that was new to me).

I test drove a bunch of cars... One of which was a 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo that I wish I had bought for weekends at least... I also test drove the new Camaro SS, I liked it's performance, but not it's functionality... I test drove a 1998 Lexus LS400, which is still a car I want to own some day, but the only one that I could find for sale was kinda beat up... And then just for kicks I test drove a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT station wagon...

Which oddly enough I fell in love with that car... except I wanted a sedan... So, I went and found a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT sedan, and drove that too. I eventually bought that car, and love it!

It has a 2.5 liter all aluminum dual overhead cam fuel injected turbocharged flat four motor, and it is fast as hell. I do miss my old Tahoe's character (lets face it, by the time I was done re-building it, it was my design not Chevy's), and the direct throttle linkage (the Subaru is throttle by wire), and the folding rear seats (Subaru started putting folding rear seats in the Legacy in 2007, which is really inconvenient if you ask me).

That being said though, I do love my new car. it is very functional and very fast, and it handles well, plus it has a very luxurious interior.

what do you guys think?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Its a nice car but you still need to pick up another gm

3. MTPockets

MTPockets Rockstar

Good choice in cars. I just bought a 2010 Subaru, Legacy sedan with the 3.6L and with the all wheel drive it gets up and moves. So I hope you like yours. :great:

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well technically Subaru is owned by GM or at least it used to be, because we were always able to get the GM discount on one if we wanted one. It was kind of like the Saab thing, but that was all pre-bankruptcy!