1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So I got a new truck in May and I haven't been on the forum in MONTHS, check it out!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by G_305, Aug 26, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. G_305

G_305 New Member

What's up guys so like I said in the title I bought the truck in May and I've been able to do more to this truck in three months than what I had done in two years with my '09. The truck is almost the same got a White Crew Cab 1500 but it's a 2011 and an LT, I ended up going with 22" XD Series Black Hoss (with a 0 offset) and 305/45/R22 Nitto Dune Grapplers the Tires are a little thinner than I'd like, but I could not change my mind on these rims, and the 20's for this model wheel just didn't do it for me. So far, upgrades have been just been a 2.25" Ready Lift Leveling Kit in the front and a 3" block in the back (to get just a little rake back for towing). Custom painted my bowties black and orange (front and rear), also painted (with high temp ceramic enamel) my calipers and drums a chevy orange. Line-X'd my bed and rear wheel wells (Not shown in the pic), installed a bed extender, and the GM tonneau bed cover with the bowtie on it. LED Reverse Lights, and License Plate Lights, and 10% tints all around

So this is what it looked like stock.
    stock truck.png

These are some of the upgrade items
    lift.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    tires.jpg
    bowtie.jpg

And this is what it looked like after I did most of the mods I mentioned above (minus the sprayed wheel wells)

truck.jpg
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Looks great. I really like the custom painted bowties. Any good pics of those?
  3. Stevessilver10

Stevessilver10 New Member

Looks really nice like it a lot ..I was thinking bout those rims also but not till spring
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club! Truck is looking real nice.
  5. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

Really like that black bowtie with the orange outline.:great: The calipers look pretty good behind those wheels too
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You don't actually intend to take those Dune Grapplers on dunes rolling on 22's, do you?
  7. G_305

G_305 New Member

Not really, why is there something wrong?
  8. G_305

G_305 New Member

What do you mean, like on the truck I'll take some pics this week and post 'em as soon as I can...
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In general, big rims and small tire walls equate to solid pavement-only use. Small rims with lots of tire wall usually equate to solid off-road and/or pavement use.

For off-road use you usually want lots of tire wall to protect your rim investment (from a bent/damaged rim) when hitting big ruts at full inflation. Tire wall height becomes even more important in sand and mud where you usually air down your tires to get more footprint. Big rims with super low profile tires will preclude this in most cases, as there's little footprint gain by airing down a tire that has almost no tire wall.

There's nothing 'wrong', per se. Airing down to 12-15 psi for use on a beach isn't something I'd be prone to doing on low profile tires ... but would readily do on 65, 70, or 75-series tires.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. I like what you have done to your truck so far, good job. Keep posting pictures of your progress. :glasses: