1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So... I got it for free... should I use it??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Darknesss23, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My 08 silverado LTZ comes with the color matched front bumper... HOWEVER... my friend hooked me up with the chrome Center front bumper... it has one little ding in it which i managed to pound out my self... question is... should I use it? or keep it as a spare? I really can't decide..
  2. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Is there any other chrome on the truck? If there is I would say yes, but It might look good either way.
    -Dave
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I like chrome so i would say use it. if you dont like it put the other one back on
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My question is, are there other ones that have the chrome bumpers where you live, or would you be the first? If you are first... Do it! Like they said , you can always go back.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Definately the chrome one, it will also save some chips from happening on your painted one. I think that black and chrome is awesome looking, hence my last truck LOL! :great:
  6. Darknesss23

Well the thing is... If i recall...the chrome bumper was a standard for the LT1 & LT2 models the and the color matched bumper was the LTZ standard... Is it gonna be an ltz with a chrome bumper or is it gonna be an LT with ltz badging... Maybe i should just sell it? And use te money toward step bars or something...
  7. Darknesss23

i have noticed a few chips already... I was thinking about having a 3-4" strip of that black reflective vinyl to cover/protect it from furter chips... ( also thinking of getting strips of reflective vinyl on the door moldings for better visibility...)
  8. MTPockets

MTPockets Rockstar

Use it :great:
  9. Darknesss23

I've decided to sell it... It just doesn't fit MY truck... aesthetically speaking...