So I got some bad news today

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I apparently have a bleeding stomach ulcer, I'm not sure how I got it, or how bad my situation is. However I do have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy done on December 2nd.

Wish me luck.

I'm tired of throwing up blood all the time (I know its a little TMI)

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Hope all goes well with the surgery

3. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Wont know if I need surgery until after the endo/colonoscopy (they shove cameras up both ends =( )

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

sorry, ya didnt read that right the first time. Did they give you anything for the ulcers now (acid reducers etc)?

5. poncho62

poncho62 Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

My dad had ulcers years ago.....No booze and no smoking, if you do. That all irritates the stomach lining. Of course, my dad never listened and just made it worse.

Good luck with it, I am sure you will be fine, just do as the doc says

6. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Wishing you the best and a complete recovery.

7. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

hey the prep is the worst part of the deal, things that have been inside you will run like the house is on fire, I did the colonoscopy as a preventive measure last year, and once they give you the night night injection, you wont be feeling much that day, Hey I understand a bleeding ulcer, I had one of those when I was much younger, dayem type A person, everything pissed me off,I have changed for the better, and I know what its like throwing up that nasty brown blood every day, I hope its a simple fix for you and it all goes well,

8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Prayers sent your way. My brother had a bleeding ulcer. No soda beer smoking or harsh spicy food and they Rx acid reducers like Prevacid. He's doing pretty good now

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

WOw Sorry to hear that Hope all goes well and please keep us updated BUT No Pics Please.. Sorry just tried to give ya a funny..

10. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Praying for you. That's all no fun. I've never had an ulcer but the whole endoscopy SUCKS. Had two, to try and figure out why I kept throwing up three years ago. But still had to prep for both endo and colon...fun stuff..