So I had surgery...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by vnslykrx, Oct 2, 2010.

1. vnslykrx

vnslykrx New Member

And I can't drive for around 2-4 weeks. It's not good :( Missing a lot of school because of it.
  2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member 100 Posts

sorry to hear about that...here's to a quick recovery...:)
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi Vnslykrx,
    Sorry pal, not being able to drive really sucks doesn't it? I lost my license for 30 days cuz of too many tickets when I was younger, and after day #2 I realized driving was about my most valuable privilege I had. Hope your surgery went well.
  4. vnslykrx

vnslykrx New Member

Ouch!! Yeah It definitely sucks. Surgery went really good, just took twice as long as they hoped, so they didn't take out everything they wanted to, but it's ok.
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My wife was/is sick-lost her vision left eye and couldn't walk for about 4 months.She couldn't drive for about 1 year.
    The loss of that mobility-driving- just being able to get up and go to the store or whatever- it was pretty hard on her.

Glad the surgery went well enough-no fun to lose the ability to go when you want to go.
    Get well,
    Charlie
  6. vnslykrx

vnslykrx New Member

Thanks everybody! I had a tumor in my intestine and it caused my intestine to tunnel in on itself. They call it intesusseption. It's EXTREMELY rare at my age. It usually doesn't happen to anyone over the age of 5. Thanks for the kind words everybody!!!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I Wish you a quick recovery
  9. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X5 on the Get well soon.. Im well aware of the intestine stuff and how long recovery can take! So good luck and take care!
  10. vnslykrx

vnslykrx New Member

I'm doing good now!! I might have torn my stitches last night though. Oh well, not a big deal. My scars are pretty much healed right now anyway. Thanks for the get well soon's!!!!