so maybe it's a stupid question.. [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by .::chevybaby05::., May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i had asked about the aux jack in an 05.. no it doesn't have one =[
    i'm not a big fan of FM transmitters, anyone got a better suggestion?

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Buy a cheap after market CD player with built in AUX jack. I bought a Sony one for $120 dollars and with the AUX jack, I can listen to my iPod 24/7 and it works and sounds better than any of my CD's.

3. yeah i was thinking of that.. problem is i won't do anything cheaply. it's either the best or its stock =/
    i don't see a point in shelling out money for something that's not 100% what i want and i know in like 2 months once i have enough i'm gonna end up getting the pioneer system that my bf has in his ranger so i think i'm probably stuck with an fm transmitter for a while don't u agree?

4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah I think thats the best bet. Don't buy anything that you're not going to be happy with. Burn some songs to some CD's and listen to those until you can afford what you really want. my 2 cents. :great:

5. yeah ugggggh cd's are such a pain in the ass LOL. i don't remember what it was like before my ipod.
    well that's not true i remember tapes. i had a disney princess tape hahahahahahahaha

sorry. i just know when i'm driving down the highway at like 80-90mph it's ridiculous to be steering with my knee while changing out the cd, among other things that i'm generally doing.
    GOOD THING I'M A GOOD DRIVER!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My '04 doesn't have an aux. port either. I bought a "cassette" adapter for my I-pod and it worked for about a year. Now it says "bad tape". I may just go with a FM transmitter, for now.

7. i know i had a tape transmitter in my POS car that i had but the 05 doesn't come with one so i was kinda looking to see if my options were limited to FM modulater, FM transmitter, or new head unit. or if maybe someone could think of a kinda quick fix that i wasn't thinking of u know?

but thanks for all the input boys

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

9. Robinson76

Robinson76 Member

Chevybaby:
    If you really want to go with the top of the line, go with a touch screen DVD display with an aux
    You can get one with navigation and it will play DVD's

You will replace the whole top section of your stereo display, buit you will get better sound quality (if you decide to upgrade speakers they will sound better), it will be useful, it will look good, and it will have the AUX for your ipod.

I have it in my 08 sierra, and the AUX kicks ass!

But, this option will cost you at least $1k - $1.5k

10. yeah i'm looking at a pioneer avic-n4. and i plan on redoing the whole sound system when i do it. like i said i just can't afford it right now. but thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.