so maybe it's a stupid question.. [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by .::chevybaby05::., May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .::chevybaby05::.

.::chevybaby05::. New Member

i had asked about the aux jack in an 05.. no it doesn't have one =[
    i'm not a big fan of FM transmitters, anyone got a better suggestion?
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. no0b123

no0b123 New Member

Buy a cheap after market CD player with built in AUX jack. I bought a Sony one for $120 dollars and with the AUX jack, I can listen to my iPod 24/7 and it works and sounds better than any of my CD's.
  3. .::chevybaby05::.

yeah i was thinking of that.. problem is i won't do anything cheaply. it's either the best or its stock =/
    i don't see a point in shelling out money for something that's not 100% what i want and i know in like 2 months once i have enough i'm gonna end up getting the pioneer system that my bf has in his ranger so i think i'm probably stuck with an fm transmitter for a while don't u agree?
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

Yeah I think thats the best bet. Don't buy anything that you're not going to be happy with. Burn some songs to some CD's and listen to those until you can afford what you really want. my 2 cents. :great:
  5. .::chevybaby05::.

yeah ugggggh cd's are such a pain in the ass LOL. i don't remember what it was like before my ipod.
    well that's not true i remember tapes. i had a disney princess tape hahahahahahahaha

sorry. i just know when i'm driving down the highway at like 80-90mph it's ridiculous to be steering with my knee while changing out the cd, among other things that i'm generally doing.
    GOOD THING I'M A GOOD DRIVER!
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

My '04 doesn't have an aux. port either. I bought a "cassette" adapter for my I-pod and it worked for about a year. Now it says "bad tape". I may just go with a FM transmitter, for now.
  7. .::chevybaby05::.

i know i had a tape transmitter in my POS car that i had but the 05 doesn't come with one so i was kinda looking to see if my options were limited to FM modulater, FM transmitter, or new head unit. or if maybe someone could think of a kinda quick fix that i wasn't thinking of u know?

but thanks for all the input boys
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

9. Robinson76

Robinson76 New Member

Chevybaby:
    If you really want to go with the top of the line, go with a touch screen DVD display with an aux
    You can get one with navigation and it will play DVD's

You will replace the whole top section of your stereo display, buit you will get better sound quality (if you decide to upgrade speakers they will sound better), it will be useful, it will look good, and it will have the AUX for your ipod.

I have it in my 08 sierra, and the AUX kicks ass!

But, this option will cost you at least $1k - $1.5k
  10. .::chevybaby05::.

yeah i'm looking at a pioneer avic-n4. and i plan on redoing the whole sound system when i do it. like i said i just can't afford it right now. but thanks!
  11. crane3447

crane3447 New Member

Know what your saying about doing thing right. But I bought a fm adaptor for $20 and it looks like a real I-Pod acc. Used it on my cross Canada drive and worked like a charm. Plugged right into my 12v on my '97 serria and had a holder for my I-pod too.

I'm not big on switching out my factory deck because it makes you more of a target for people with sticky fingers! Changed all my speakers and amp though, can't see them.
  12. .::chevybaby05::.

mind telling me which kind u got?
  13. gmcem50

gmcem50 New Member

My Chevy dealer sold me a factory authorized iPod Interface Adapter and they installed it for me. It doesn't use the auxiliary jack on the face of the radio, it attaches to the back of the deck and a wire pokes through a hole in the glove box that has an iPod compatible plug on the end. That way, it charges the iPod while it is plugged in and the bonus is the in-dash radio controls the iPod. I never have to touch the iPod and it is buried in the glove box. The 'band' button on the face of the radio selects between AM, FM, XM, or iPod, and the other controls on the radio face control the other functions of the iPod.

IMHO, this set up works WAY better than simply plugging the earphone jack into the auxiliary input on the radio. Much cleaner look (no exposed wires hanging from the dash), and safer too (no fumbling around with the iPod while driving).
  14. .::chevybaby05::.

thanks i actually just bitched and bitched until my boyfriend threw in for me to get the pioneer avic z1 lol so i'm just gonna do that install and figure **** out then but thank u
  15. zippy

zippy New Member

I don't know if it's a better solution, but it's different... Howz 'bout a swap to a pulled OE head that does have an AUX-IN?
  16. .::chevybaby05::.

yeah we were gonna do that but cause of teh way the jacks line up in the back of the head unit the stock 07 unit which comes with the aux input in front didnt match up with my set up for my stock 05 unit.....
    thanks though :great:
  17. peacekeeperp

peacekeeperp New Member

Are you equipped with the MP3 player? That is how I get by on the stock system. You can get alot songs on a CD in that format.
  18. cascott325

cascott325 New Member

JL audio is the best out there as far as i know, but its expensive. i went with alpine. love it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.