1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So this past weekend...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Ridyn, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member

I noticed that I was nearing 100k miles on my 2008 Extended Cab, TX Edition which I'm sure you've all seen. So I decided, why not go see what the dealership the next town over has to offer good ol' Jay. Well, I went there and looked at a few Silverado's, beginning with what I've wanted for a long time, a 2500. However, being only 22, I didn't think I needed to make such a huge investment into a truck that will probably get treated like a red headed step child once the summer comes around and I can work more hours. So, I went down to their 1500's and I REALLY wanted a 4x4, but I didn't want to get the Z71 because I would eventually end up putting a lift on the truck, thus making the extra cash spent on the Z71 package, useless. So, I ended up asking the dealer if they had any "more basic" 4x4 pick up trucks similar to what I had already, except this time I wanted a crew cab instead of an extended cab. The rest is just pointless history ;) You'll probably notice I've already put on some miles from all the excitement, and the fact that everywhere I go has to be far :( Anyway, enjoy the pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

WOOO HOOOO!!!
    I'm excited for you! You did it my style too...just stopped by to take a look. Funny how they always stick you in the black ones and you fall in love with their beauty. Make sure you join the black truck group! That console on the floor is interesting, you must not have the middle seat? Looks like you have the peddle lifters too. That was one thing I needed plus I wanted controls on my steering wheel. Well enough about me, congrats!!!
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is a great looking truck. Its hard to fight that itch when you get feeling to buy a new truck. As soon as you smell that new car smell you are hooked. Im not sure what they use to get that smell but it sure is SEXY!!!!!!
  4. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

NICE!!! Bet it smells good too. Gotta love that new truck smell
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

That's awesome, congrats. A similar thing happened to me. I had a lease on a previous vehicle and went by to look at some used trucks. Ended up walking away with a brand new one. I love the black trucks. That's what I was originally going for, but I also bought in 2009 when a lot of dealerships were closing down and I ended up getting a really good deal on my White Diamond Edition.

Enjoy it man, I know I have.
  6. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member

Yeah the console on the ground is an option for the LTZ models? Not quite sure how it ended up in the LT model that I got, but it is one of the factors that lead to me getting this truck. I also got it during the dealers truck month, which means 0% INTEREST! It was a great trade simply because I ended up paying about 8k less than the truck was listed for in rebates and a supplier discount which i get. All in all, after a small down payment of 2k it was 10k under list price.

I do want to do a lift soon, and get rid of these rims and tires and gonna do a turbo set up to help with some pulling. I'm not into speed so it definitely won't be tuned and dialed in for speed, not saying it won't have it...just not my main goal with this.
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

Gotta like it ..... i mean like it lots.....sweet ride:glasses:
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
  9. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member

Funny story, I noticed those after I purchased the truck and even thought that maybe I can use that spot there for something else other than that switch. Peddles feel too close already with my seat the way it is, and i'm not even tall at all. I'm probably 5'8 on a good day when gravity loses some force >.>

I'll probably never use them unless I get a really petite girlfriend that just wants to drive the truck one day....HA!
  10. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sweet ride, what is this new smell you speak of. My truck is 10 years old and it smells. :lol: