So what can I learn from this Code grid in the Glove Box...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by stephenwsmith, Oct 26, 2011.

1. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

I have tried to upload this picture to show the codes. Can you read them? VinNumbers.jpg Holmdel-20111024-00300.jpg

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That White Sticker is the.....Service Parts I.D. Tag......as you can see it has the Vehicles Vin # Number and a Series of Letters and Number's and those are RPO Code's.....which stands for Regular Production Options......In short what the Truck Came with from the Factory.....from the what Engine to the Color of the interior, if you go to the below Link, you will be able De-Code those RPO Code's,.....example the RPO Code for a 4L60e Transmission is RPO Code....M30......and RPO Code 50U is the Color of the Vehicle, which is Summit/Olympic White and so on,

http://www.rpocodes.com/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Z85 is your suspension code, which in your case is stock ride height
    GT4 I believe is the rear end, but not 100% sure

Basically it is the holy grail for your truck, the paint code is also on there as well.

4. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Is that the good transmission?

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If your Asking about the.....4L60e???......I looked at your Service Parts Tag.....and you have RPO Code MT1.....which is the (HYDRA-MATIC 4L80-E) TRANSMISSION, 4 SPD, AUTO W/ELECT CONTROLS H.D.....which is a Excellent Transmission!!.

6. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

So the VERY dead battery I have (wont even run radio after you run truck for 30 min) and this transmission
    RPO Code MT1.....which is the (HYDRA-MATIC 4L80-E) TRANSMISSION, 4 SPD, AUTO W/ELECT CONTROLS H.D.
    would make you think that the problem from the battery is causing trans to run wierd, in driving it around the parking lot?

7. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

great info on the replies to your question ......thanks Mike for letting those of us know how to read these rpocodes....appreciated !!!!

8. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Hi Mike, on my Suburban, the 2002 2500 4*4 with the 6 liter, would a top/side battery work, that way I could have the top terminals for jump starting etc, the battery is 8" high with the top terminals 3/4" taller than the side terminal alone.

I got the truck for $2700 with 100k miles from the State Auction, just found out today. I want to go get the battery today, so was hoping you'd see this and let me know

Stephen

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    • Group 34/78
      [*]850 CCA; 115 RC; 1020 Ref CA.
      [*]24 Month Free Replacement within 85 Month Warranty - Pro Rata
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_productDetailTitle"]Product Details:[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_line"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_spacer"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: cms_table_productDetails, width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 30%"]Product Length:[/TD]
    [TD="width: 70%"]10.75 inches[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 30%"]Product Width:[/TD]
    [TD="width: 70%"]6.9 inches[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 30%"]Product Height:[/TD]
    [TD="width: 70%"]8.0 inches[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 30%"]Product Weight:[/TD]
    [TD="width: 70%"]41.0 pounds[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Smiling, its white :) I just heard today we got the truck for $2700 with 100k miles on it, it has some fender damage by the front door, like something pinched it there, more to do. I'd appreciate any other insight you might have for what to do to the truck. I want to get the seating fixed, think I will leave the black vinyl floor mats in, its really heavy, and probably good with teenagers etc... what do you think. The interior is blue, I want to toss the front seats out, as the drivers seat is cut up, but the passenger seat is good and middle row seat is also good, but there is no center console, and I'd like to match the middle and rear seat, as I've not seen any blue vinyl third seats out there used.

So anything else you learned from my codes?