1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So what do you think a K2500 2002 with 105k miles is worth

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by stephenwsmith, Oct 27, 2011.

1. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Truck has no third seat, beat up interior, was used by State police for hauling motorcycles around with the trailer towing rig. Has 4 brand new tires, a leaking power steering cooling coil, starts on the turn of the key, a completely dead battery, and they say it has a dead trans, yet it drove into the lot without a trans problem, it has been sitting for 6 months.

So what do you guys think I should bid on her tonight? Stephen

My plan would be to fix her up for a long range boat hauling, and family travel vehicle...
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmm....I wouldn't pay more than $5k-$6k, not like there is a shortage of K2500's out there.
  3. C. Alan

C. Alan New Member

As a guideline, I would check craigslist, and completed sales on Ebay. I image the prices would vary by region. I know out west K2500s are going cheap because of high gas prices. I reciently bought the K2500 in my signature for $4000. Given that it is the new body style, a 2002 may be worth a little more, however if it has a bad transmission, I would bid a lot less.
    --C. Alan
  4. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Well I bid $2700

I bid $2700 for the truck, and we will have to see, I know if we get it, the first thing is a new battery (what do you guys recommend?) and having the power steering cooler radiator replaced (its shooting out fluid) and then off to a reputable place for looking at the trans.
  5. stephenwsmith

stephenwsmith Member

Got the truck... so now the work begins :)
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

good luck .maybe a tranny flush with filter change will work ( or will work for awile )
    anyhow, will you post pics before / after you do anything....thanks...Brian from Canada