1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SoCal get together

Discussion in 'CA - SoCal Chevy Truck Club' started by drumrob, Feb 18, 2008.

1. silverado480

silverado480 New Member

I am from Arizona but will be in Temecula the week of christmas.
  2. 81 C10 454

81 C10 454 New Member

Hey all. I am Bill. Just moved to Murrieta 2 weeks ago. I will meet up in Murrieta or Temecula.

I have a few questions as well.

1) Where can I find a good body shop out here?

2)Where is a good machine shop?

3) what is there to do out here?

I have a 1973 Monte Carlo that I need to have shipped here from NC. It needs to go to a body shop to get the outer rear quarter panels replaced as well as the rear floor pans and the trunk pan.

My truck is burning a lot of oil. I think the rings were not set right or the previous owner ran it out of oil.

Thanks for any help.

Bill
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member 100 Posts

Hi Bill, :sign0016: to the group. Not to sure of what shops are around there to help you out but there are alot of shops around that can help you out.
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I live in Huntington Beach. I hunt towards the desert. My wife is 7 months pregnant so I'm always up for a get away. Anyone duck hunting soon?
  5. tlperry68

Bill,
    1. Body shops in SoCal are a dime a dozen. If you find a good one let us all know. Dealers usually do pretty good.
    2. What kind of machining do you need? I don't know of any C and C's.
    3. Wine tasting ain't too bad. Take a trip into old town temecula - it's a little fun. Good chow and good bars.
  6. 81 C10 454

81 C10 454 New Member

tlperry68

thanks for the tips. I am looking for a place to get my engine machined. My 454 in the truck is acting up. I believe it needs new rings and I would like a few other things done as well.

Bill
  7. tlperry68

I can't help you with that one. All the motor work I've ever had done is about 500 miles north of where I live. Maybe try the yellow pages. Goos luck.
  8. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member 100 Posts

bump..:sleep:
  9. erikshunn44

erikshunn44 New Member

Hey fellas....count me in on this one!
  10. npverhey1

npverhey1 New Member

im up here in redondo beach but im down to meet somewhere give me the details for sure