1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

SoCal Prerunner on red dirt

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dgafguy619, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dgafguy619

dgafguy619 New Member

My silverado is needing some suspension for fooling around in the red dirt roads, i'm thinking about maybe investing in a camburg prismatic kit with extended i-beams and all that, i was wondering if that would even perform well on a muddy dirt road or am i gonna waste money and time on a useless kit

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow! That Camburg stuff is for serious off road blasting. I wouldn't put that on my daily driver, but some of the guys here have. Nothing like a long travel system to extend the performance and off road handling. If you do go ahead, take some pictures of the upgrade and share them here.

3. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

it would probably help, but i think if you lift it with some nice ATs or some decent MTs would do the trick just fine, then again iv never wheeled on red sand, just brown lol

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that camburg stuff looks pretty hardcore I just looked at their site. If you are going to be serious about it than that seems like the way to go. i am not sure how streetable it will be but those trucks they have do look pretty awesome. they were pretty pricey as well but you get what you pay for and their parts looks really beefy and strong