Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Soft Tonneau Cover Rack

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Als09Sierra, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I saw one of these on the road the other day. Looks exactly like what I need, lower than a roof rack, and gives me a place to load the bikes or extra baggage when traveling. Unfortunately the price is out of my range. Anyone have one, or know of anything similar?

[​IMG]

This is the website with more information.
    http://www.prorac.com/softtonneau.php

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yakima has there tower racks, but they too are pricey and they aren't even as adjustable as these that you have posted. I have never seen anything like this, but being that it's for a full size Chevy price is going to be high no matter what unfortunately.

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

looks great and pretty useable-----OI wonder how much a welding shop would charge to do the framework, then you could attach items with brackets of whatever size you choose.I agree that new would probably be expensive, but an item like this would probably pay for itself just in its use alone ----Brian

4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not sure why they show different heights. The one I saw wasn't adjustable, that I could tell, unless they sell you different length supports. I like the low one because it sits high enough over the cover, but not so high over the roof line. I thought the price of this was pretty high, and am sure Yakima or Thule versions will be even more expensive. I used to buy my roof racks for under $100...but that was in the mid 90s. Nowadays you're looking at $500 and up for a basic system, yikes.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I agree 100%. Looks pretty straightforward. I don't know how they justify $500+ for something that looks so simple.