GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Software to lay out wiring schematics

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Crawdaddy, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

I'm looking for some software to lay out some electrical schematics in that's compatible with automotive 12 volt technologies. I'm hoping to find something that's a visio-like software where I can drop bosch relays, switches of all varieties, resistors, lamps, motors, the whole gamut of components you'd see in an automotive environment. I can hand-draw the schematics, but I'm hoping to be able to make nice professional looking ones that I can share with the GMTC community. Anyone know of anything that will fit the bill?
  2. AMac

AMac New Member

If you are familiar with visio maybe there are some templates you could add in?
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

A quick preliminary search didn't yield any stencils that had what I was looking for. For example, I want to be able to place a standard Bosch relay and have the pins laid out in the proper design and labeled.
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Sounds like auto-cad to me...
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator

I'll see if I can get a hold of AutoCad Electrical. It looks like they have a trial version available. I've found a couple other programs like Smart Draw. It seems to do a decent job but it costs far too much and is to broad of a program to do the job well.
  6. csltrains96

csltrains96 New Member

There used to be a proram called OrCAD that was really great for schematic drawings. Don't know if they are still around, though.