Soldier from the Shenandoah Valley

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Big_Ugly, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Big_Ugly

Big_Ugly New Member

My name is Stephen. I'm from the Shenandoah Valley, VA. I love my old Suburban. In fact it's my second one. This one is a 1989 Suburban with the Silverado trim. It's an R2500, with the 454 and TH400 trannsmission. I have the big 10" full floating rear end. My Dad bought this for me right before my first deployment to Afghanistan, knowing that I had been looking for years to replace my first one. She was a 1988 GMC C1500 Suburban Sierra Classic. I took her to 298,000 miles, but the fly wheel broke right before I went back to school in my early 20's. I didn't have any money to fix her, and I knew she had lived a good life, but it was time to put her down. I spent the next 4 years looking for the right one, when my Dad surprised me with "Big Ugly". I do have plans for her, one of which is to give to one of my children one day. She has dual exhaust, I repainted her a few years ago the original Midnight Blue. I rebuilt the transmission only about 6000 miles ago. I haven't done much to her interior except fix the headliner with RealTree Woodland Camo pattern fabric. I love the look of it. I want to eventually put 4 wheel drive under her, but I'm going to have to wait for a bit. I'll put up some pics. Glad to be here!

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club and thank you for your service.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!