1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Soldier from the Shenandoah Valley

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Big_Ugly, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Big_Ugly

Big_Ugly New Member

My name is Stephen. I'm from the Shenandoah Valley, VA. I love my old Suburban. In fact it's my second one. This one is a 1989 Suburban with the Silverado trim. It's an R2500, with the 454 and TH400 trannsmission. I have the big 10" full floating rear end. My Dad bought this for me right before my first deployment to Afghanistan, knowing that I had been looking for years to replace my first one. She was a 1988 GMC C1500 Suburban Sierra Classic. I took her to 298,000 miles, but the fly wheel broke right before I went back to school in my early 20's. I didn't have any money to fix her, and I knew she had lived a good life, but it was time to put her down. I spent the next 4 years looking for the right one, when my Dad surprised me with "Big Ugly". I do have plans for her, one of which is to give to one of my children one day. She has dual exhaust, I repainted her a few years ago the original Midnight Blue. I rebuilt the transmission only about 6000 miles ago. I haven't done much to her interior except fix the headliner with RealTree Woodland Camo pattern fabric. I love the look of it. I want to eventually put 4 wheel drive under her, but I'm going to have to wait for a bit. I'll put up some pics. Glad to be here!
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club and thank you for your service.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!