1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

solid axle conversion

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by white_nasty04, Jul 28, 2009.

1. white_nasty04

white_nasty04 New Member

im just looking for some people with ideas or who have done what im wanting to do. i have a 2004 silverado 1500 4x4 and im wanting to swap the independent front end for a solid one and air bag suspension any ideas will be grately appreciated. sorry for spelling i know it sucks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

solidaxleconversion

Is this for heavy offroading or mostly for show??
  3. white_nasty04

white_nasty04 New Member

mainly for show very little if any offroad the most offroad would be goin out in the pasture to the bon fire
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

solidaxleconversion

I would stay away from airbags, they can be a pain. Call Bob at The Custom Truck Shop in Port Saint Lucie, Fl. # 772-335-1700. Theve done many axle conversions on GMs. Im not sure if thats the right area code for the phone, but the number is right.
  5. white_nasty04

white_nasty04 New Member

thank you for the help!
  6. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check out this forum-skyhighrides.com there are alot of members with the conversion. I am also a member and I must say they are a good bunch of guys with alot of knowledge on how to go big.
  7. white_nasty04

white_nasty04 New Member

thanks for thesite ill deff check itout
  8. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

look on google for gm solid axle swaps, some companies make kits for them, just gotta do some of your own welding and fabrication but thats what id go with i would if i had the money to change mine to a 4x4