Solid Engine mounts

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by BurbanMan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'll take a couple pics next week when I stop by my workshop, Ive got the engine and trans out right now (replacing yet another trans) so it shouldnt be to hard to get pics.

2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

excellent thank you!

3. BurbanMan

The only thing I'll be missing when this is said and done is side pipes! Lol 8)

4. tbplus10

My Ford has a set of Lakes pipes, their only 2" so they probably restrict flow and affect power but their original Lakes pipes and I refuse to remove them, or the magnesium drag panel under the rear bumper.
    Theres nothin like a loud V-8 roar and 20' of sparks as your taking off. I just wish the original flat head had been available when I bought the car, nothin like the roar of a flat head V-8 at high rpms, even if it isnt very powerful.
    I still have the flame throwers hooked in the pipes too, looks great at cruise night when I light it off.

I put a set of flame thrower igniters on my Harley Nightrain last week just because I liked the look on the Shoebox so much.

5. BurbanMan

Yep. Photos are a must! Lol

6. BurbanMan

were you able to get pics of your setup?

7. tbplus10

Not yet, I ended up taking an unexpected trip out of town for work, hoping to be back home the week after Thanksgiving.

8. BurbanMan

ok. No worries

9. BurbanMan

Ok. So I've decided to go poly instead of solid, but I'm having a difficult time finding them. Energy suspension makes them in a motor/tranny combo, but I'm not sure which I need. 3.0331 is listed for the blazer.