1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Solid Lifters

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Chevyboy96, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

What do you guys think of running solid lifters on the street? Good Bad? My wifes jeep has a bored 283 and the previous owner put in solid lifters.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

For me they're kind of a PITA adjusting them all the time, but if you enjoy it, then they're ok for the street.
    1 person likes this.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you can change them yourself I would change them out. As stephan said there a pain. Most people I know that use them are for high performance radical motors, not dailey drivers.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I gotta agree unless you've got a performance engine you dont mind tinkering with often I wouldnt run solid lifters.
  5. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks, actually the originals were Hydraulic lifters, I made a mistake and listened to the parts guys. All good picked up a set of hydraulic and put them in soon. And I WILL be getting my money back from the solids!!!!