Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Some issues with shifting

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 2000liftdsuburban, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Alright so I have a 2000 suburban 5.3 and recently I noticed that my transmission felt like it was delaying with shifting. Rpms went higher than normal and It didn't shift until about 90mph into 3rd gear(I'm assuming) I figured it was my superchips tune messing up so I pulled the tune off and its still doing the same thing. I'm not sure what the issue can be, never had issues with shifting. There's 118k on motor also idk if this will help but when I got the truck I hooked up a snap on scanner to it and it said shift sensor B if I remember correctly any help at all would be great...thanks guys

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If that is the code that you were given you will want to google the code and troubleshoot for that code since trannies can be rather complicated rather than a staight forward repair.

3. Yeah. I have to get it back onto a snap on scanner, and re check it. Does anyone else have any input I'm really worried bout the truck due to lack of funds and winter is almost here

4. Alright so in the mass confusion of me trying to figure out other issues i forgot bout the trans, upon investihations its been determined that the problem is shift sensor b malfunction, no 4th gear so does neone know how hard it is to fix this issue