1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Some new lights on my truck

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey guys, installed some new lighting products on my truck and just thought I would share, let me know what you think!
    All products from Recon.

High Beams - Diamond White 4600k
    [​IMG]

Low Beams/Fog Lights - Diamond white 4600k
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Reverse
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Turn Signal
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Running Light
    [​IMG]

Running Lights - Smoked Roof Lights
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I love it. Your truck is one of the sharpest I've ever seen. If I could change one thing about my truck, it'd be the paint it the 'laser blue'.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Awesome job!! Very clean look, and you picked the best lighting on the market. Back when I had mad money I bought all RECON lights, but now I buy cheap EBAY lights and they suck but they do the job lol!!!

4. 2011laserblue

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it! I'm very happy with how everything turned out...I like the "clean" look as you said, I feel like there isn't "too much" going on.

How about some opinions for this....

I was thinking about going back to the black grille and bull bar and adding some piaa 520 ATP's. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Also, in order to match up with the smoked roof lights and third brake light I as thinking about the smoked taillights from recon as well. I am second guessing myself however because I don't want to do too much and make it look gaudy....think it might look funny from the side. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think it looks nicer with the chrome.

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks great :money:

I say yes to black grille but no to the bull bar and lights. And the smoked taillights might actually look good on there. One other thing I say take the dealer sticker off the tailgate.

7. 2011laserblue

Thanks for the input! No go on the bull bar huh? Any particular reason?

I was thinking bull bar and lights because I recently went through some trails near my house in the dark and some additional lights would have been helpful! Do you think it's too much?

As much as I agree with you about this sticker...it has to stay. I'm helping out with advertisement because I work there!
    That is actually the sticker that goes on the horse trailers.."Sparta Chevrolet and Trailer Sales"...the ones we put on vehicles are much smaller, but like I said, its advertising!

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think the chrome looks sharp on your truck, I would do the bullbar and the piaa lights. I might be biased though, because I had that exact setup on my last truck, the 520's are a nice light, I swapped my bulbs out for the 100w yellow ion bulbs and they were bright.

9. 2011laserblue

See I love the chrome too but the other grille still is mostly chrome, just black mesh...I figured it would go nice with my black mirrors. I don't know though...just trying to get some opinions thrown around! You don't think a chrome bull bar and my current setup will be too much chrome in one area? Glad to hear that about the 520's! Thanks for the reply! :glasses:

10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

just beautiful. For your LED bar, make sure it is sealed well. I had one and it lasted just a couple months. Humidity got the best of it and shorted it out.