Some new lights on my truck

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey guys, installed some new lighting products on my truck and just thought I would share, let me know what you think!
    All products from Recon.

High Beams - Diamond White 4600k
    [​IMG]

Low Beams/Fog Lights - Diamond white 4600k
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Reverse
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Turn Signal
    [​IMG]

Smoked 3rd Brake Light and "White Lightning" Tailgate Bar - Running Light
    [​IMG]

Running Lights - Smoked Roof Lights
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I love it. Your truck is one of the sharpest I've ever seen. If I could change one thing about my truck, it'd be the paint it the 'laser blue'.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Awesome job!! Very clean look, and you picked the best lighting on the market. Back when I had mad money I bought all RECON lights, but now I buy cheap EBAY lights and they suck but they do the job lol!!!

4. 2011laserblue

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it! I'm very happy with how everything turned out...I like the "clean" look as you said, I feel like there isn't "too much" going on.

How about some opinions for this....

I was thinking about going back to the black grille and bull bar and adding some piaa 520 ATP's. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Also, in order to match up with the smoked roof lights and third brake light I as thinking about the smoked taillights from recon as well. I am second guessing myself however because I don't want to do too much and make it look gaudy....think it might look funny from the side. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I think it looks nicer with the chrome.

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks great :money:

I say yes to black grille but no to the bull bar and lights. And the smoked taillights might actually look good on there. One other thing I say take the dealer sticker off the tailgate.

7. 2011laserblue

Thanks for the input! No go on the bull bar huh? Any particular reason?

I was thinking bull bar and lights because I recently went through some trails near my house in the dark and some additional lights would have been helpful! Do you think it's too much?

As much as I agree with you about this sticker...it has to stay. I'm helping out with advertisement because I work there!
    That is actually the sticker that goes on the horse trailers.."Sparta Chevrolet and Trailer Sales"...the ones we put on vehicles are much smaller, but like I said, its advertising!

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think the chrome looks sharp on your truck, I would do the bullbar and the piaa lights. I might be biased though, because I had that exact setup on my last truck, the 520's are a nice light, I swapped my bulbs out for the 100w yellow ion bulbs and they were bright.

9. 2011laserblue

See I love the chrome too but the other grille still is mostly chrome, just black mesh...I figured it would go nice with my black mirrors. I don't know though...just trying to get some opinions thrown around! You don't think a chrome bull bar and my current setup will be too much chrome in one area? Glad to hear that about the 520's! Thanks for the reply! :glasses:

10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

just beautiful. For your LED bar, make sure it is sealed well. I had one and it lasted just a couple months. Humidity got the best of it and shorted it out.