1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

some new tread

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Z71_guy, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well its official im getting the new Goodyear wrangler MT/R with kevlar, just got our first set at the shop and there sweet, plus im getting a killer deal on them employee buy $140 in rebates all comes out to less than $400 for the set will post some pics when i get them mounted
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah I'd say that's a good deal, my mom had to get tires on her 2006 Aveo today and they cost her $400 for those because they are low profile. Kevlar in the tires hugh? Well they should be bullet resistant then right, ...............just kidding.:lol:
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

jealous. let us know how they are!!
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

are these the new ones with the weird tread pattern?
  5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had some before. They were good tires. Quiet on the road too. Enjoy!
  6. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

i think he is talking about the new ones that just came out, we just got a set also and personally i think they are ugly and i have had several customers come in and say they will be buying the BFG KM2s now and goodyear shouldnt of changed there tread design or at least didnt go with that one. around here the looks are just as important if not more then the preformance

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hey now... you know your gonna have to get us some for the same deal... just kidding. but seriously
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Are those side bitters or just a non fucnctional design?
    I'd be willing to try it out if I were buying a set of wranglers.
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i personally like the new look and have had alot of people comment on the "sweet new tread" but in each his own.

Are those side bitters or just a non fucnctional design?
    I'd be willing to try it out if I were buying a set of wranglers.

the wrap around tread does actually server a purpose not just for looks but it does make it look better. cant remember but it good year claims like 30% more sidewall traction over the old MT/R
  10. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

they are suppose to preform better then the old MTRs in almost everything and im sure they do, the sidewall is probably my favorite thing about it, and it doesnt help that im not a goodyear fan to begin with.