1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Some Newbie Questions about updating my '93 Silverado with '99-'06 parts

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bowtie406cid, Oct 15, 2009.

1. bowtie406cid

bowtie406cid New Member

I have a '93 extended cab fleetside. I want to update the interior to 2002 - 2005 Dash, bucket seats (for console), rear seat & door panels. Don't need the instument panel going all aftermarket but will need door electronics (windows & locks). Also want to change the fleetside bed to a stepside from a '91 both trucks are short wheel base only difference is the '91 is a single cab. I was wondering if the frame difference is under the cab? Also want to upgrade the grille & lights from what I've read '98 is as updated as I can get without some major work. I did see a pic on this site that looked like a newer grille & bumper but I couldn't tell if it was the escalade or not I do not want the escalade look. That guy hasn't posted in quite a while. Any help is appreciated.
  2. bowtie406cid

bowtie406cid New Member

I found out on my own that the only difference in the bed swap is you have to trim the bumper on the inside to allow for the rear steps & the gas tank neck has to be swapped. No other issues. Now I still have questions about the Interior if anyone knows.