Some Newbie Questions about updating my '93 Silverado with '99-'06 parts

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bowtie406cid, Oct 15, 2009.

1. bowtie406cid

bowtie406cid New Member

I have a '93 extended cab fleetside. I want to update the interior to 2002 - 2005 Dash, bucket seats (for console), rear seat & door panels. Don't need the instument panel going all aftermarket but will need door electronics (windows & locks). Also want to change the fleetside bed to a stepside from a '91 both trucks are short wheel base only difference is the '91 is a single cab. I was wondering if the frame difference is under the cab? Also want to upgrade the grille & lights from what I've read '98 is as updated as I can get without some major work. I did see a pic on this site that looked like a newer grille & bumper but I couldn't tell if it was the escalade or not I do not want the escalade look. That guy hasn't posted in quite a while. Any help is appreciated.

2. bowtie406cid

bowtie406cid New Member

I found out on my own that the only difference in the bed swap is you have to trim the bumper on the inside to allow for the rear steps & the gas tank neck has to be swapped. No other issues. Now I still have questions about the Interior if anyone knows.