1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Somebody Broke It !! ~ Top Header Menu System

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by stephan, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Within the last 20 minutes someone has changed the sites header bar & removed the "New Posts" & "Todays Posts" buttons. How are we suppose to find them now? Anybody know?? This makes it impossible to navigate around. This can't be good for business.. Help!! :neutral:
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You start in on the spirits early today? It work's fine out here, must be a West Coast thang.
  3. stephan

LOL Tim, no spirits. Are you seeing the "Todays Posts" & "New Posts" buttons in the top header? It's been working fine for months, & they were there this morning too, but just in the last 1/2 hour have dissappeared & there are a few new buttons up there now. E Shop, Market Place & ROTM are up there now. I don't think it's just a west coast thing. We all should be seeing the same feed. They definitely changed it.
  4. tbplus10

Working like its supposed to here. dont know what could be causing the change for ya. This isnt a settings item that I know of.
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When you're on here enough, you don't need those. I never use those buttons, and just use the visual idicators to tell me if there's a new thread in a forum.
  6. tbplus10

Oops that was me into the spirits darn Johnny Walker Red does that to me.
    Click on the "Todays Posts" then the "Todays Forum Posts" (or any one of the sub headers that comes down) it does the same thing.
    What I find real strange was this change has been out for about a week or two, dont know why your just seeing it now.
  7. stephan

Yep I saw the changes they made a couple weeks ago with the Forum Posts, & Todays Posts & the drop down boxes, & that was fine, but this afternoon they took the "Todays Posts" & "New Posts" buttons off. :neutral: They"re gone from the headers above & they've replaced them with E SHOP & MARKETPLACE & ROTM
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Can you do a screenshot for me? This system is a little screwy and I may have to have the -very stupid- "What's New" left up there just to make it all work right.

Where do you see E Shop at?

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Ok, I didn't notice that the E-Shop like was up there. I have been working on a shopping-cart system for stuff like the decals and maybe some other stuff. :) I didn't know that was put in there for everyone to see.

First off, there are really three menu areas. There is the Main Top Menu, the Section Sub-Menu (different for each section selected) and then in the upper-right there are User Menu options that change before/after logging in.

Main Top Menu from now on will look like this:

Home | Forum | Blogs | What's New | ROTM | Marketplace | Today's Posts | Gallery

Home is the main landing page, it will have articles and stuff added to it as you can see. There is a lot that can be done there that is not really being used yet. We have built in several things to the Home Articles that you will notice including some links to reviews, chevy parts, history of the site and site rules, etc. There is a ROTM area on here that will show the big posts for the ROTM as well. Get ready for a lot of stuff to be added here.

Forum is the way to get into the main forum board landing page. Pretty self-explanitory, just gets you into the forum system and then you can navigate around and look at whatever, or click on something in the sub-navigation menu.

Blogs will get you to the blogs section. I had hoped that more people would use this as a "Garage" section to talk about their projects, their trips, etc. It's not used all that much.

What's New? is supposed to show you all of the stuff that's "new" since your last visit. I personaly don't like this becuase it doesn't let you see everything in the last 24 hours, so you lose a sense of the amount of traffic and all of the different conversations that go on after it rotates through them much quicker and they drop off much quicker. However, when it was removed, it messed up the "Today's Posts" view, so this has to stay for now.

ROTM was just added to the menu system so that people can get quick access to the Ride Of The Month pages and the current poll for voting. We totally changed this section around so this will be the best way to get involved in it all. It's working to as we're pushing much higher participation levels now that this is more visible.

Marketplace was added again becuase we used to have this as a link and then it dropped at some point with an upgrade, so I added it back. It's just to get into the buy/sell/trade system and I will soon get a better system up here to make this even more robust for buying/selling/trading stuff.

Today's Posts is something that I added to the basic template to let anyone come and quickly see all of the posts from the past 24 hours. It's not just "what's new", but it's everything that was posted so you can look through it and if you leave and come back, you can pick-up where you left off and get back into the message flow. I have added several things to this list now so you can see what was posted in the last 24 hours for the blogs, the groups and more.

Gallery is a plug-in that lets you look through all of the public photo albums that are on each person's album tab and it will let you go through the pictures and even search for things. We need to get a moderator to go through here and tag some of the photos to make the search work better. This is a big success I think so I'm happy to give a high level of visibility to this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.