Somebody Tired to Steal My Wheels & Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Jul 6, 2011.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A couple of hours back I needed to go and run some errands....the Post office....Hardware store and local O'Reillys,

Headed out the front door and Noticed something Not Right on my Truck......When I got closer to it......What I Noticed was on the Front Passenger Side Rim.....4 Lug Nuts were Missing/Gone!!!! and on the Back Passenger Side Rim....3 of the Lug Nuts were Missing/Gone!!!.....I then walked around to the Driver Side and checked out the Rims.....luckily the Lug Nuts were all there and after checking them with my Torque Wrench they were still Tight,

For me this is the First time any of my Vehicle's have been Tamper with......I'm PISS OFF to said the Leased, But I'm also Very Lucky......the reason I say this is I have Not 1 Wheel lock for each Rim, But 2 Wheel Locks per Rim....I know it's Over Kill having 2 wheel locks per rim and 2nd that the wheel lock's can be Removed with a little work and the right Tools,

But I think that by having 2 Wheel locks......that it slowed down those pieces of %hit, who were trying to Stealing my Rims.....For me this is a Wake-up Call, meaning that I need to make sure that I do everything I can to Protect.....not only my Vehicles and Home....but also my Family.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Glad the loser mo fos didn't get them Mike!! What kind of wheel locks are you using? I wanted to get the McGards for mine, but they don't make them the right size in a duplex mag lug nut. Gorilla Locks are the only ones I found. Are they any good.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is just crazy.....That's when you wished you had just walked out to get a breath of fresh air and just happen to have your .45 with you.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Stephan.....I have Gorilla Locks, IMO they are a Very Solid Lock, I also have them on my Boat Trailer Rims.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In broad daylight no less! unf******believable! Makes you think, glad they didn't get them Mike.

6. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Glad everything worked out.

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

I should have mentioned that it happened Last Night......and I'm MAD...:grrrrrr:... at myself, I turned off the Motion Light's that are mounted right above the Garage, the night before!!!

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Thanks Hotrod....:glasses:......I glad that I only had to buy a set of new lugs...$27.00....Compered to $800.00 for one New Rim and Tire!!!.

8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

OK glad to hear the Gorillas are good ones. I never thought about using 2 per wheel :) Maybe you should get some motion detector lights for your house. They are reasonably priced & those mo fos will probably be back, if not for the wheels, then for your stereo or something else :grrrrrr:

X2 on the .45 Alston

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ok, that makes more sense.

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

Ya Stephan, I've had Gorilla Locks on all of my Vehicles, for as long as I can Remember......In my above Post, I turned off the Motion Lights the night before...(Its My Fault)......also the Rims that I have on are the Budniks, being summer time....a little more Pop than the NNBS Alloy Rims I have.....