1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Somebody Tired to Steal My Wheels & Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

This post got me thinking because i know I have wheel locks on my truck. Went out to look at them and noticed that I have 32 gorilla locks on my truck:great::lol:. Which never dawned on me since I have always had to use the socket for all lug nuts (but I havent taken these off very many times since I just got them last year. I can be a little slow sometimes) So I guess having 2 on each wheel isnt bad. I just thought they were discount tires (americas tire co) since it came with the wheels I bought through them plus the box has their logo all over it. Looked a little closer at the box and it has a small 1"x1" gorilla locks logo. That being said I do need to find a better place for the socket than the center console:rofl:. as they say just keeping the honest people honest.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

one benefit of military installations, this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Alex
  3. tyler87

tyler87 Rockstar Platinum Contributor

Yeah I just got my rims and tires this past friday and have 32 locking lugs, going to be a pain in the a$$ when i have to switch to my old rims for the winter.. I also just threw the socket in the center console going to re-think that now too!
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many people have beefed up their anti-theft systems on their truck since they've been a member on this site? lol
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not that I've stolen any rims or anything, but I can tell you all you need to get those off are a large flat blade screw driver and a dead blow hammer, granted it would slow them down. The chevy dealer lost my key for mine, so I had to take mine all off the Grand Theft Auto way...
  6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I hate to be a party pooper, but yes it does. i spent 8 years on active duty as an M.P. in the army. Not only did i respond to calls of stolen wheels, someone stole my spare tire and rim from underneath my Ford Ranger when i was stationed at Ft. Ord Ca.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dosnt happen as much lets say. sure dosnt happen on Ft. Story, its so small everyone knows what everyone else drives.

Alex
  8. marko54

I hear you. When i was at FT. Ord, this was back in 1984 thru 1988. It was a Large Divisional post (7th ID light infantry). Lots of bad apples back then. Someone must have known i was an M.P. and got me back for something.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's what you get to protect the socket/key: http://www.consolevault.com/chevrolet-silverado-floor-console-2003-2006.html

I have one and love it...
  10. marko54