Somebody Tired to Steal My Wheels & Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Jul 6, 2011.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

This post got me thinking because i know I have wheel locks on my truck. Went out to look at them and noticed that I have 32 gorilla locks on my truck:great::lol:. Which never dawned on me since I have always had to use the socket for all lug nuts (but I havent taken these off very many times since I just got them last year. I can be a little slow sometimes) So I guess having 2 on each wheel isnt bad. I just thought they were discount tires (americas tire co) since it came with the wheels I bought through them plus the box has their logo all over it. Looked a little closer at the box and it has a small 1"x1" gorilla locks logo. That being said I do need to find a better place for the socket than the center console:rofl:. as they say just keeping the honest people honest.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

one benefit of military installations, this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Alex

3. tyler87

tyler87 Rockstar

Yeah I just got my rims and tires this past friday and have 32 locking lugs, going to be a pain in the a$$ when i have to switch to my old rims for the winter.. I also just threw the socket in the center console going to re-think that now too!

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many people have beefed up their anti-theft systems on their truck since they've been a member on this site? lol

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not that I've stolen any rims or anything, but I can tell you all you need to get those off are a large flat blade screw driver and a dead blow hammer, granted it would slow them down. The chevy dealer lost my key for mine, so I had to take mine all off the Grand Theft Auto way...

6. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I hate to be a party pooper, but yes it does. i spent 8 years on active duty as an M.P. in the army. Not only did i respond to calls of stolen wheels, someone stole my spare tire and rim from underneath my Ford Ranger when i was stationed at Ft. Ord Ca.

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dosnt happen as much lets say. sure dosnt happen on Ft. Story, its so small everyone knows what everyone else drives.

Alex

8. marko54

I hear you. When i was at FT. Ord, this was back in 1984 thru 1988. It was a Large Divisional post (7th ID light infantry). Lots of bad apples back then. Someone must have known i was an M.P. and got me back for something.

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Here's what you get to protect the socket/key: http://www.consolevault.com/chevrolet-silverado-floor-console-2003-2006.html

I have one and love it...

10. marko54