Someone decorated my truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Jan 26, 2014.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

:grrrrrr: Well my truck has earned her first Purple Heart since I've had her. Pretty sure some lowlife piece of trash hit her at work in the parking lot. But since I didn't notice it until I got home Friday afternoon, I more or less guess it could have happened in front of my house while she was parked on side of the road Friday night. USAA is set to come out Monday or Tuesday and give it a looking at. Virginia Beach PD said I'm only like the 2000th hit and run since the snow started Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. So my hopes that the lowlife POS will be caught and beat with a lead pipe are dashed.

Yes the truck is old but she's my truck and I'm still PO'ed more than you can imagine.

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just adds character and makes her individual.
    Sorry to hear it tho.

3. rileyjr16

Sometimes it's just too much character lol

4. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

This kind of stuff drives me nuts. Just another a-hole without the balls or integrity to leave a note. Had the same thing happen to me a couple times as well... How hard is it to man up and face responsibility for your actions? Sheesh...

Edit* It's a good thing you have USAA. I have had them as well since the early 90s and have had nothing but great interaction with them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I would be PO'd also.. Im glad I dont have to park on the street.. Too many times have I heard of or seen hit and runs like this.. You might consider Comp insurance that would cover something like this.. I was looking at it for my older 96 and it would only cost me an extra $30 for 6 months and it would be a high $750 deductable with a no deductable glass coverage. So If a deer runs out in front of me and I hit it or ditch it and total the truck I would get the value of the truck. Also Its not a chargeable accident against your insurance rates since it is an event beyond your control.

Obviously its a little late now for that.. but the comp insurance would be something to look into. Maybe just for the glass(and headlights taillights ALL glass) coverage it would pay for itself.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nothing that is going to make that truck unsafe or anything like that. But you've got a lot of damage on different panels so you're looking at a pretty spendy fix. Sorry, that sucks.

7. rileyjr16

Sad part is, it was probably some military personel that hit it. Someone that mans up to protecting their country but not hitting someone else's vehicle!

Question, all the salt and nasty ice left overs have been on my truck since last Tuesday. I know this can cause rust and not e good for paint and steel at all. Can I wash off all this ice and salt residue or should I wait till after the insurance lady comes?

8. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

That sucks man. Wouldn't be so bad if it were just the rear quarter but the door as well makes it worse. Will likely have to blend paint all the way up the side. I would leave it the way it is for the appraiser. They will see the dented panels enough to write up the repair slip.

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sorry to see that dude. welcome to the club tho,i have a few love taps on my truck from people like that.

call USAA and ask about washing. they may want it clean so its easier to see.

not sure.

Alex

10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

That sucks man. Hope they come forward. Same thing happened to me last year. My neighbor was nice enough to write me a note explaining what happened. I should've filed a report but didn't and regret it at this point.