Something about a truck.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Sierraowner5.3, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

thought id share this with everyone, its even a CHEVY!!!

http://dcautogeek.com/?p=2595

neat little article after it as well.

Alex
  2. donyms

donyms New Member

I didn't see a truck but that Brunet in the red dress was Hot. Thanks for sharing. :rofl:
  3. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Good article.
  4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Lol that's one of my favorite songs. Somethin bout a girl in a red sundress too. Especially if she's wearing cowboy boots *drools*
  5. Sierraowner5.3

DOWN BOY!!!!

:-D

Alex
  6. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Nice video! Although I kind of cringed when he slid down his hood. But since he did that I woulda turned around and put her on the hood.:lol:
  7. Ape

Ape New Member

I was raised a hick on farms and ranches with horses cattle and all the fixin's, so I can relate to this article (and country music of course!) and it's intent.
    I've never been a fan of all the non stop extra electronics and conveniences of newer vehicles. They may be nice in the short run for comfort and entertainment, but the fact is that these newer vehicles aren't designed for longevity. The makers (and Govt these days) want new vehicles to be a throw away purchase.
  8. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

i agree way to many electronics....they need to learn to keep it simple.
  9. Ape

Ape New Member

Sad part is, they will never go back to less electronics with more reliability and longevity. Mainly because it means less profits in the short term and long term. :-/

Back when I used to buy new vehicles, I always made sure to get the most basic model. No electric locks, mirrors, seats, etc...etc...
    But even with that, you just can't get away from the computers and all of the electrically and digitally controlled emissions junk. So these days I always buy used and go for as simple a set up as possible.
  10. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Whether I want manual crank windows or not depends on the vehicle and where the crank is placed. I've had cars before where it was downright dangerous to roll down the windows while driving. Not to mention, I do like in the Burb when I can roll all the windows down without pulling off and getting out. I don't mind it in the Camaro though cause I can reach the other crank while I'm at a light if need be. I also like having a CD player (although an aftermarket one is usually one of the first things I put into a car/truck) and other nice toys with my truck as well. In fact, mine will be pretty high tech when all is said and done. Now I don't need nav or onstar or anything like that but there are some options that I like. That being said, most of the newer ones are too loaded for my tastes, even the base models. EFI is not a bad thing IMO. Since my truck is my primary vehicle during the winter months, it's very nice not having to deal with the cold start issues that even the best tuned carburetors have. I'm used to tuning newer OBDII motors (I learned those before the old school motors out of necessity) so the computerization of them is not necessarily a bad thing in my eyes. I can find tune an OBDII motor FAR more precisely than a carburetor (and I'm good with a qjet I might add) and certainly better than an OBDI motor. Burning chips for the early EFI motors is a rather imprecise way of tuning. I'd rather deal with a carb then the early EFI (other than maybe the tuned ports).

Guess what I'm trying to say is while the newest trucks have too much for me, I do like somewhat of a middle ground, even if I have to customize a bit to get exactly what I want.
  11. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Nice article....a few of the things the writer mentioned brought back some great memories (and reminded me of some frustrations), with my former trucks. It's fun to reminisce about a certain things that happened in my life and the vehicle that was with me. Thanks for sharing!
  12. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

A good truck is like a good dawg. They just make life better. newer trucks have a lot on the way of creature comforts, but that isn't all bad. I have sort of brought my 'ol '95 into the present with some add on goodies like the bluetooth receiver, navigation and so on but I absolutely LOVE to push the clutch and stir the gears by hand. it is like having the best of both worlds.

Anyone ever see the movie "The Cowboy Way"? It's a flick about 2 rodeo cowboys from New Mexico trekking cross country to New York City in an 'ol Chevy ranch truck to rescue their friend and his daughter. It makes the Southwestern lifestyle look so appealing! If you haven't seen it, find it and watch!
  13. Scooter

Scooter New Member

I love this song, It reminds me so much of myself growing up. My first truck I bought for 200 buck and was an 85 chevy 2500 single cab, long bed...I miss that truck
  14. Sierraowner5.3

thanks all. was bored one night and stumbled across this.

i thought it was a good read, and its a GREAT video.

Alex
  15. The Heater

The Heater New Member

Well, there's sumptin' about a girl in a red sundress...with it pulled over her head and spurs on her boots.....
  16. DCAutoGeek

DCAutoGeek New Member

Alex - Thanks for sharing my post with the group here. Glad ya'll liked what I had to say. More importantly I'm glad you enjoyed the gal in the 'red sundress.' She was four-shades of amazing southern beauty.

Glad the group got a kick out of the piece. I look forward to spending some time in other trucks later this month. If I didn't have a city job I'd have me a nice rig. Sadly my parking garage clearance is just over 6'4''!

Enjoy the mud fellas (And ladies if you're here too!) -

Juan 'DCAutoGeek' Barnett
  17. Sierraowner5.3

not a problem, seemed relevant, and well written.

hey, stick around, just because you don't have a truck doesn't mean you cant hang out....

Alex
  18. AMac

AMac New Member

Well I nearly have about 1500 country songs within my iTunes library but have strayed away here and there. I came across this song and find it perfect to blast and cruise around.:great: