1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Somethings missing.... dumb question

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by chipmunk222, May 23, 2009.

1. chipmunk222

chipmunk222 New Member

Can someone tell me the location of the check engine light in the instrument cluster. My check engine light is not coming on at all and I can't find it. Anybody have any suggestions on what I should check to fix? I know this is the dumbest question.
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Year, make, model?
  3. chipmunk222

chipmunk222 New Member

I guess that would help...

96 Tahoe 5.7, 4x4
  4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

this reply might sound dumb, but is it supposed to come on, is their a problem???
  5. Mean_Green_95

I believe on that one it is in the upper left corner. That is where mine is, I think.
  6. chipmunk222

chipmunk222 New Member

I know it's supposed to come on when you first turn the the key on and if all is well it goes back off and stays off, but in my case, it's not coming on at all. I know it's not working, I'm just not sure how to fix it and I couldn't see where it should be in the instrument cluster.
  7. chipmunk222

chipmunk222 New Member

Thanks, I couldn't find it. Now it's figuring out how to fix it. I wonder if it's something sort of simple like a bulb or where I need to look after that..... hmmmm.....
  8. Mean_Green_95

When you take apart the cluster, use a flash light in a dark room to shine the light from the back side of the cluster to find it.
  9. chipmunk222

chipmunk222 New Member

Great idea, Thanks!
  10. Mean_Green_95

No problem. Thats what we are all here for.