Sony GT930 is Worth it?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by iPublicEnemy47, Jun 9, 2009.

1. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 Rockstar 100 Posts

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

so why wouldnt you be able to install it?

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Install is made very easy and Crutchfield will send you all the information you need from taking out your old unit, to all the proper wiring, etc. If you run into problems or have questions you can even call them up and they'll walk you through it.

4. iPublicEnemy47

I have never installed a Radio in any car I have always paid for it to be done. Plus im scared im going to mess up the wiring or make it so someone could steal easily by just being able to pull it out.

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well, go to your local car audio shop, tell them what vehicle you have, they will give you a wiring harness, and a plastic thing the deck slides into. go to the hardware store, get some butt splices and a crimper, and go to town matching colors. or call a friend who knows how to do it. everyone knows someone who can install. if you have any questions, there should be diagrams or how too's online, or you could call or go to the audio shop for a little help. they shouldnt have a problem giving advise.

you could also take pics and post them on here with questions

6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey buddy, its super easy. All you do is get the wiring adapter you need from your local audio shop, along with the install kit which includes the plastic holders for the radio. Then you just match the colors of the wires together and put it in.

7. MannyO

MannyO Member

dude its the easiest thing in the world to do just follow directions and match colors. crutchfield will give everthing you will possibly need

8. iPublicEnemy47

ok I guess when I get my bonus somethimg next month im Gonna buy it

9. J3.

J3. New Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  10. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

the radio looks nice. as far as the install, dont do anything your not comfortable doing. ive notice that alot of people have said its easy, well it is for some of us (no offence). but if your not comfortable doing it, take it somewhere. its better to pay 50 bucks to have it done right. if you mess something up, it comes out of your pocket. if an install shop does it, you always have someone to fall back on.