1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

sorry kind of repost but im still learning the forums someone told me to try the tec

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tamlee272, Jun 24, 2013.

1. tamlee272

tamlee272 New Member

[h=2]1995 gmc suburban k1500 slt 5.7 piston rings[/h]
    hey i apologize for not posting much been doing some work on the burbon and also on my wifes car. heres the thing im using a lot of oil. no known leaks. loss of power wont pull a hill on the interstate even when im already running 70 to 75 mph. im pretty sure my rings are gone. i was just curious if changing the rings would help or should i go with the valve seats as well. and should i replace the pistons along with the rings. guess its hard to know without digging into the motor. problem is i lost my job after almost cutting my hand off about 2 years ago and have been unable to find a job so in other words im barely making the bills and dont have money to spend well not a lot. any thoughts and responses are welcomed and i will try to do a better job at posting. my last question if i do decide to just do the rings about how long does that take someone said 1 to 2 days for a 4 cylinder so am i really looking at 4 days to just change rings on my 1995 5.7 anyway again thank you all for your time and consideration ​