1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SOS With fuel leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Badwench, May 18, 2013.

1. Badwench

Badwench New Member

2004 Trailblazer, 6 cyl.
    Had garage R&R engine, about 400 miles on engine. Now have strong smell of gas inside car and in engine bay. They said not their problem.
    Can't see any leak. I wanted to get to fuel rail to check for leaks. Can the plastic housing around intake be removed or must I pull complete intake?.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Figured it out-- Not really hard to do. I just removed the intake turned fuel pump on and clearly saw 1 injector had a leak.
    Pulled fuel rail and replaced all O rings.
    An easy 1 hr job if you know what you are looking for.

2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

next time you have a shop say "not our problem" call the bureau of automotive repair on them... that's a jankey attitude and they should be reported for letting you leave with a potentially unsafe vehicle, putting yourself and other people at risk...