1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sound like a fair deal? ~ Tuning Questions

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by kinson33, Mar 8, 2013.

1. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Yeah sounds like towing is the way to go hah.

For that price it sounds like I might just save up for a blower package and work on beefing up internals to get ready for it.

What would you recommend upgrading for the internals to handle the boost?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Now your talking about something I have no experience in lol, I have actually been just starting to look at a Magnacharger for mine in the next year or two. I always wanted to do it, but something always comes up. Sorry I can't offer more insight...
  3. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

Sorry, im a lil late on this.. but what did you end up doin?

That seller on ebay is just down the road from me but ive never heard of them.

your goin to need a cam in the 212/218 ish range for a truck with the stock torque converter or its goin to be a pig.

also i saw where 6.0 heads were mentioned. the 317 heads flow really good but they are goin to drop the compression a good bit compared to your stock 862 heads..
    now if you found some 243 or 799 heads and got them worked over, you would see a good gain with the right cam.